I recently switched over a Phoenix app from the paid Heroku SSL add on to the new SSL beta. Everything seemed to work great, until I noticed all Network Requests from the Android side of my React Native mobile app were failing, however iOS, curl, postman, etc were all fine.
I banged my head around for a while and went back to check my SSL set up. During the beta setup, Heroku tells you your certificate is usually a
.pem or a
.cert. I have both. Without much though, I uploaded the
.cert. I went back and uploaded the
.pem, and everything works fine.
I don’t know why the
.pem worked and the
.cert didn’t, but I’ll do some digging and post a follow up to this when I know why.